Our Fall 2014 More Than Enough Love Community Service Day will be on Saturday, October 11, from 8 am–2 pm. Volunteers will meet at the church for a short worship service and light breakfast. Then we'll disperse to our work sites.
- Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston | Pack pet food bags for the aniMeals on Wheels program, prepare Breakfast Bags, and make greeting cards. Child friendly; 9 am–1 pm (15 min drive); lunch delivered.
- Houston Food Bank | Sort and pack food donations. Ages 8+; 9 am–noon (30 min drive); lunch delivered.
- The Beacon Homeless Shelter | Client greeting and hospitality, laundry services, meal services. Ages 16+; 8:45 am–2 pm (20 min drive); lunch delivered.
- Medical Bridges | Sort and pack medical supplies and equipment. Ages 15+; 9 am–noon (10 min drive); lunch at Westbury UMC.
- Los Arcos Apartments | Grounds beautification including gardening, cleaning, minor repairs. Child friendly; 9 am–2 pm (10 min drive); lunch delivered.
- Lunch Preparation at Westbury UMC | Prepare and deliver sack lunches to our volunteer sites. Child friendly; 8:30–1 pm.
Sign up online!
Do you need a t-shirt? They are $8 and available in the church office. Childcare will be available upon request. For more information, contact Amy Behrman at 713-823-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Tue, August 12, 2014
by Kelsey Johnson filed under