“Are you listening to this? Really listening?” - Matthew 13:9, The Message
You know the feeling. It happens as you listen to or read a story, and the realization washes over you: this is really about me!
This is just the feeling that Jesus was going for when he shared parable after parable with his disciples. Parables are short stories that shine a light on our lives and help us to see the world a bit differently. They spur us toward change. They reveal who God is. They give us a vision for what God’s reign—God’s kingdom—can look like.
This summer, beginning Sunday, June 15, we will spend several Sundays decoding the parables and uncovering how Jesus uses them to transform us. Let us reimagine the world together and live into it!
- June 15 | The Mustard Seed (Matthew 13:31–33)
- June 22 | The Returning Master (Luke 12:32–40)
- June 29 | The Rich Man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19–26)
- July 6 | The Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Luke 18:10–14a)
- July 13 | The Judgment (Matthew 25:31–46)
- July 20 | Workers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1–15)
- July 27 | The Feast (Matthew 22:1–14)
- August 3 | The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11–32)
Posted on Mon, May 19, 2014
by Kelsey Johnson filed under