UPDATE: 6/25/13 Applications are no longer being accepted.
Church Business Administrator
(vacancy open effective June 25, 2013)
Westbury UMC is a mission-driven, multi-cultural congregation in Houston, TX seeking a Church Business Administrator to provide leadership and oversight for the areas of finance, facilities, and administration. Candidates must demonstrate a strong and maturing Christian faith. A degree in business administration, accounting, or related field is required. Salary negotiable. To inquire or submit a résumé, please email Rev. Taylor Fuerst at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Business Administrator is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the church. This includes leadership and oversight for the financial, facility, technology, and general operations in order to accomplish the mission of the church.
- The Business Administrator will be accountable to the Senior Pastor for direction and daily job performance.
- The Staff-Parish Relations Committee will set employment policies and procedures and act on employment issues.
- The Business Administrator is the direct contact and supervisor for contract services such as custodians, security, and landscapers.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required.
- Prior experience in a church setting is preferred.
- Computer Skills and experience with financial and database programs (ex: Shelby Systems, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check and Credit Check.
- Regular Financial Responsibilities
- Accounts payable, church and day school
- Payroll, church and day school
- Bank Reconciliations, church and day school
- Sunday School Class spreadsheets
- As Needed Financial Responsibilities
- Quarterly 941s
- Yearly 1099s and W2s
- Yearly Workmen’s Comp Audit
- Annual preparation and input
- Monthly reports to ministry areas
- Count, data entry, bank deposits
- Provide Quarterly statements
- Process EFT transactions
- Accounts Receivable
- Monthly ACH payments for day school tuitions
- Keep apprised of changes and impacting decisions regarding tax law and legal issues
- Conduct Background checks as needed for volunteers and staff
- Administer Health Care Benefits for limited number of staff
- Purchasing and contract negotiations with vendors, including building insurance and equipment
- Provide oversight to:
- facility repairs
- security system
- IT company
- weekly volunteer handymen
- Attend and provide leadership and/or consultation at meetings as needed
- Finance Committee
- Church Council
- Maintain Personnel Files and Financial Files
- Maintain permits and inspections for boiler, elevator, fire extinguishers, etc.
Posted on Tue, June 4, 2013
by Kelsey Johnson filed under